I’ve had more than a few asks recently about the various teams I’ve mentored at StartX (I was a mentor at the first StartX, fka SSE Labs, session in June of 2010 and continue in this role today). After a bit of sleuthing through my mail, I’ve put together what I think is a comprehensive list along with any pointers/info I have about the current status of the team.
- Lead Mentor - my primary role at StartX
- Board of Advisors - I occasionally serve as a Board member for companies. The BoA is comprised of entrepreneurs, VC and StartX alumni
- Judge - Periodically I participate in the evaluation process which determines the teams that are invited to StartX/StartXMed.
- ThinkBulbs - Led by Alvin Tse, ThinkBulbs launched the "Say Cheeze" app for iOS. Alvin is currently at FlipBoard.
- Fresh Cookies
- Juntos Finanzas - Led by CEO Ben Knelman, Juntos continues to be recognized for their innovative approach to providing financial products and services to cash-based households.
- Nutrivise - Led by CEO Laura Borel, Nutrivise was acquired by Jawbone
- Mind Sumo - A fantastic team of folks, driving hard to help college students succeed in the job market.
- Medigram - HIPAA compliant group messaging for doctors/hospitals.
- Endowr - Team at the formation phase, trying to disrupt student loan lending.
- Appfluence - Hai and team offer Priority Matrix, an award winning, multi-platform project management app.
- Bluesora - An early company in the quadrotor space.
- Pixelapse - GitHub for designers and their teams/customers.
- Insynctive - Led by CEO Eric Kish, Insynctive offers a SaaS-based solution for HR, benefits and payroll.
- Tangible Play/Osmo - Changing education and iPad gaming with the interaction of tangible objects and software.
- Roam Insights - Enterprise sales analytics tools.
- Dynaoptics - True optical zoom for mobile devices
- Script - Building a great photo/drawing app, PicCandy